Forums

Forum Home > Unreal GOLD > Unreal 227i running on OsX

vas

Hello

I'm running OsX 10.9.3. Tried emailing but it kept asking me to provided a graphics chipset even though I had.

I was recently looking for a way to run Unreal Gold on my imac and having finally sussed it I think I have new info that I haven't yet come across on the internet. I'm running the latest version I could find, 227i:

First I bought Unreal Gold from gog.com. Then I downloaded the 227i patch. Next I fired up Parallells (8) and installed Unreal followed by the patch to Windows 7. Next I copied the installed Unreal folder to my mac desktop and made an app of Unreal Gold using Wineskin Winery 1.7 as described in several places on the web. I set the app to use OpenGL rendering at the imac's native resolution of 2560x1440. It plays amazing well, still the best single player game ever made for me. The only glitch I have come across so far is when loading a saved game from the load/saved menu (not quick load F7,) the Unreal plaque doesn't go away but all you have to do is hit escape to be taken to the loaded scene.

Please ignore this if the info is already known.

Cheers

May 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vas

Sorry, instead of installing a package through winesking, you use the move folder button and point it to the Unreal folder on the mac desktop

May 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.